Generating 100 Watts of output from as little as 5 Watts of input, the Model 418 Amplifier raises the bar for reliable and efficient recreational, emergency, and even contest communications.
TEN-TEC Engineers have utilized state of the art, silicon MOSFET technology to allow continuous 100% duty cycle operation in both CW and SSB modes. The model 418 is also compliant with AM, FM, AFSK, and PSK modes of operation. This amplifier also offers full QSK CW keying plus hot switching protection.
Measuring only 3.625″ X 6.5″ X 7.6 inches and weighing just 5.4 lbs, the Model 418 will operate from any 13.8VDC (+/- 15%), 20 Amp power source.
Designed to interface with the new TEN-TEC Model 539 QRP Transceiver, the Model 418 amplifier can be easily connected to most low power transmitter designs (1 to 20 Watts). The amplifier’s comprehensive User’s Manual and TEN-TEC’s industry standard Technical Support department make set up quick and easy.
The Model 418 can switch bands automatically or manually. It also has a two position manual antenna switch. Bypass operation allows low power operation until higher power is needed. RF Sensing will automatically switch bands for you when the 418 is keyed with other rigs and the delta button is turned off.
The Model 418’s large LCD front panel readout gives the operator essential information about Output Power, SWR, Operating Voltage, and even Operating Temperature.
- Amplifier typical gain: 13db
- RF input: 1 to 20 watts
- Operating Voltage: 13.8 volts +/- 15% (20 amp power source required)
- Frequency Range: 160 through 6 meters (ham bands only)
- RF output Power: 100 Watts, +/- 1 db (with typical 5 watts drive)
- Operating Modes: AM, FM, AFSK, PSK, SSB, CW
- Duty Cycle: 50% (TX/RX) 100 watts output. 100% for CW and SSB
- Front Panel Display: Custom FSTN monochrome LCD
- Display Back Lighting: 6 LEDs,for more than 200 color options
- Cooling: 2 internal fans, temperature controlled
- Harmonic & Spurious Outputs: -50dBc Typical @ 100 Watts HF, -60dBc Typical 6 Meters
- Third Order Intermod: 30 dB below peak
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 3.625” x 6.5” x 7.6” (excluding feet and connectors)
- Weight: 5.4 lbs Shipping
- Weight: 7 lbs
- DC Power Connector: Power Poles
- Fuse (back panel): 25 Amp, Automotive Blade Style
- Key Jack: 1/8” Stereo Tip-Key In Ring-Key Out
- ACC Din Connector: 8 Pin DIN, Key In, Clock/Data/Enable, Ground
- Construction: Molded Plastic bezel, Aluminum chassis, front & rear panels & textured painted steel covers
- Antenna Impedance: 50 ohms nominal
- Automatic fault for: Antenna mismatch(output power >50 watts), Over current, Over temperature, and high input power
- RF connectors: 1 RF input, 3 RF outputs (two HF & One 6 meter)
- Works with most antennas (SWR less than 3:1)
- Easy plug and play operation with Ten-Tec model 539 QRP radio
- Separate antenna connector provided for automatic switch to six meter antenna
- Works with most QRP radios
- Amplifier keyed from direct connection to foot switch, hand switch, or straight key. Key Out from amplifier is provided to key radio.
418 User Manual